Divorce Agreements Need to be Modified When Your Child Moves Out of State

Child relocation and move-aways marin attorney

Do you need to relocate with your child to another state, due to a job change or other circumstances? Are you seeking to amend your divorce settlement agreement with a modification of custody and support, in advance of a “move-away?” If you are considering a “move-away” — relocation with your child or children, outside of California for job-seeking, business or a military transfer, health care or some other reason — the assistance of an experienced Family Law Attorney can be essential.

The Law Office of Christina Sherman in San Rafael can help. Christina Sherman serves clients throughout Marin County and Sonoma County.

Christina established her Family Law and divorce practice to benefit people just like you. Her wisdom and insights can smoothly transition you from the end of your marriage to a brighter future, post-divorce. When your need to move outside of California with your children becomes necessary, Christina can advance this goal in negotiations or in family court.

Do you suspect that a co-parent’s move-away or relocation is intended to keep you from your child? Christina works hard to encourage communications between family members after an out-of-state move, so that both parents can continue to share in a child’s upbringing.

To arrange your initial consultation and discuss your child relocation or move-away issues in an atmosphere of candor, comfort and confidentiality, call the Law Office of Christina Sherman at 415-457-4367.